Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Morning Femme Metal Video Playlist

I've never understood misogyny, especially in rock music.  I've read many accounts of female rockers who were harassed, condescended to and discriminated against while trying to break into the music business.  I never got it. 

Well, I think it's safe to say that, as in other areas of society, the girls have decided to come and play on their own terms!  To borrow from an old cliche, a woman needs a man like a fish needs an electric guitar!

Check out these female fronted bands.

Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful

Epica - Unleashed

Halestorm - I Get Off

Within Temptation - What Have You Done Now?

Leaves Eyes - Farewell Proud men

2 comments:

  1. In This Moment! Best new female fronted band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    I also love: Warlock (Doro Pesch), Lee Aaron (Metal Queen)

    There's a mash-up with Nightwish & Gary Moore singing Moore's Over the Hills & Far Away. I'll have to find it. Whoever edited the video jumped back and forth between Nightwish & Gary Moore. So cool! They were singing in the same key so that made it even better! :o)

    ReplyDelete